Before performing an upgrade in place using a ROOT.war file, please verify that the version you are upgrading to does not require a full installation (see the Release Notes for the version to which you are about to upgrade).
Assuming that the version you are upgrading to does not require a full installation, the following steps can be used to upgrade your Cascade CMS installation in place:
- Stop Cascade CMS.
- Copy any custom plug-ins (Publish Triggers, Custom Authentication Modules, Asset Factory Plugins, Workflow Triggers) from the
tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/libdirectory into a temporary location. (**NOTE:** Only perform this step if your organization has created one or more custom JAR files. DO NOT copy the entire contents of the directory. If there are no custom JAR files to be copied, this step should be skipped.)
- Delete the following files/folders:
- Delete all files within the
tomcat/tempdirectory (making sure not to remove the
- Place the new ROOT.war file into the
- Start the Cascade CMS process and wait until the login screen can be reached via a browser.
- If there were custom JAR files in your previous installation, stop Cascade CMS once again, then copy the custom plug-ins (Publish Triggers, Custom Authentication Modules, Asset Factory Plugins, Workflow Triggers) from the temporary storage location back into
tomcat/webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib. Start Cascade CMS.
- Log in to verify that the software has been upgraded by visiting Help->About.